Friday, June 02, 2006

Make-Up Days for Bad Days are GREAT!

Ok today was much better. Lonnon had the day off and it made things much easier. He let me sleep in (it was a whole half hour before I got up to but hey, sleeping in is sleeping in) he then helped me make breakfast. We made french toast and hashbrowns. I did the easy one, hashbrowns. He made the french toast. It was awsome. He then cleared the table and put all the food away! He also made it so I got a nap when it was nap time. I took a three hour nap!! First I didn't know I was that tired. Second I can't remember the last time I took that long of a nap. I got so much cleaned today. And boy, did I need to after yesterday. My house is still very lived in but wow, he kept the kids out of my hair for most of the day. He also made the kids clean up dinner. Man, I love my husband!! The best part is I never even asked him for help once. Accept if he would carry the vacuum down the stairs, and he did it right when I asked. I am bouncing off the walls with joy today, let me tell you!!! Just a note, it normally is not this good of a rebound after a day like yesterday. It is like Katie, my sister-in-law, said basicly we all have those days, and weeks and it seems like months too. I hope it was just a day and I thank Heaven for today!!

Ok. Next. I have been painting. No supprise to most, but I think my drawing and painting everything is rubbing off on my girls. In both a good and not so good way. They do great art work on paper. But they do it everywhere else too. Here are some of my paintings:

















yes the last two look alike but that was my goal so I can hang them side by side.

















The piont of the story is I draw and paint on everything. Then I tell the kids not to draw or paint on the walls, doors, windows, dressers, well, you get the pioint. Well, a few days ago, BraeLynne crawled on the top of her desk and wrote the abc's. The problem is it is the first time she has written them in order from memory. So it turned into a Don't ever write on your desk again and you have to clean it up until it comes off because it is in marker. At the same time Good Job!! I just wish you would have done it on paper so we could put it in your memory book. She is so smart (I think) and starts Kindergarten in August. Here are her ABC's.















It may not be the best pictures but I had to stand on her desk to try and get the pictures. She did a good job in my opinion. But all I can say is some times getting too mad over the simple things is not worth the praise you should show. Many times you have to say 100 good jobs for the one time you said bad job. So I made sure this time it was a good job for the good part but shame and a small slap on the wrist for the bad.

3 comments:

Kari said...

I think your paintings are beautiful!

Gina said...

Ditto what Kik says.

I was feeling the joy as you were describing your day. I am so happy you got a break and a nap! Naps are such a sweet indulgence when you are a mom! Fabulous post and great pictures. Smarts girlies you've got!

Katie said...

I love the paintings! I think you should design a room around the tulip one. Maybe a dining room, because I really like red dining rooms.