Monday, June 12, 2006

Future Plans

Well, we've been planning for a while that we wanted another little one. We plan on a total of 6. If we have all of our kids by the time we are 30 then when we turn 50 our youngest will be 20 and we will be young enough to play and enjoy our grandchildren.

This will be number four. We planned on trying in January but I needed dental work done so we put it off until February, then March, then April, then May. But in May we found out we put it off too long and nature took over for us. So between planning and postponing we are having a little one.

With my last pregnancy I had a short cervix at 6 months. I was 50 percent effaced and was put on bed rest for 13 weeks. So for this pregnancy in a couple of weeks I am going to have a procedure done that will put a stitch in my cervix to keep it closed and one month before I have the baby it will be taken out. I can do anything I normally would with the stitch. Well, except it lessens the chances of me going into preterm labor. The only other option I have is to go on complete bed rest for 6 months. That can't be an option with three kids.

Anyways, I am 11 weeks along. My due date is December 28. And we don't know if it is a boy or girl obviously, but the doctor did laugh and say that how fast the heart beat was going it generally means a girl but not always. So he told Lonnon not to give up hope there is still a chance it could be a boy. I laughed and said if it is a girl it would be because he has told so many people that he will have ten girls as long as he gets one boy.

Lonnon has been so wonderful. As soon as I told him, he hugged me, kissed me and said, "I guess we're having a baby." and smiled. He has had a glow about him ever since. I am so grateful for a husband that is so supportive. Now if he could just be so supportive he could make this awful morning or should I say 24 hour sickness go away!

2 comments:

Katie said...

How Wonderful! Congratulations! I hope that you feel better soon!

Gina said...

Congrads! That is so neat that you want 6 and you are already on 4! Best wishes to a smooth pregnancy (and another beautiful baby)!