Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nine Months Can Be Long

Well, has been a while since I have been able to blog. I went to my 11 week visit and my doctor told me that I should have a cerclage done just to be on the safe side so I don't have to go on bed rest. Or I could see how things go but if my cervix shortens I will be put on bed rest. That would be six months of bed rest.

(Those of you who do not know about my last pregnacy, I had an incomplete cervix. I was 50 percent efaced by six months.)

We scedualed the surgery for June 29th. The girls went to my friend Carmens house. (Who my girls know as Aunt Carmen. We adopted each other as sisters.) I checked into the hospital at 10:00 am and we got ready for surgery. They had to give me an epidural. The only problem is that my bones are to close together in my back so they can never get it in right. They had to move up verdibrates three times before it would go in right and it took 40 minutes of being curled in a ball. The surgery it's self only took five and went well. The doctor said it is a good thing we did it and that my cervix has already shortened and I was dialated to a 1 1/2. I'm not a doctor but I don't think that is so good since I was only 14 weeks along.

Tomorrow I will be 15 weeks and it will be one week from the surgery. I am having a harder time recovering than I thought I would. I have to rest alot and we went to the store yesterday. We were in there for say, 45 minutes total. By that time we were done Lonnon was having to go ahead to get things and I would slowly catch up. He wanted to carry me out to the car but I woudn't let him. I just took my time walking very very slowly. I just get worn out and get cramps. (I am suppose to take it easy VERY easy for two weeks.) I just didn't thing going to the store was that big of a deal. I was wrong. Needless to say, I sat for the rest of the 4th of July. Daddy got to light fireworks and I gladly took pictures of our terrified girls. Who ran away from the "Scary Fire". I sure am glad we used the rest of last years fireworks and spent a whole $3 on snaps this year. Or I may have been disappointed in their reactions. LOL!

I guess I just thought I would have the surgery, rest for a day or two, then jump up and things would be back to normal. I guess the real question should be, Do I know what normal is in a house with three children? I just need to keep taking it easy no matter how lazy I feel when I just sit there or lay there. I do get up and do a load of laundry, dishes or something for about 15 minutes then I go back to sitting or more likely lying down to keep the pressure off.

Things are going well though. I just pray that this baby will be able to stay in long enough to be a healthy baby. I don't care if it is a boy or a girl. Just healthy and alive.

2 comments:

Gina said...

What a lot to handle all at once! I admire your strength even though you are feeling so weak. I would be a nut case taking care of 3 girls AND taking it easy AND having bad cramping and weakness. You poor thing. My thoughts are with you.

Katie said...

Oh, Neesh! I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. Is Lonnon's mom able to help you out at all? Are you going to try to determine the sex of the baby at your ultrasound? When is that, by the way?