Thursday, July 13, 2006

Latest Dr Appointment

Well, we just got back from the Doctor. It is good news and bad news.

The Good:

The baby is active, healthy, and still in there. The surgery for the cerclage as far as we know has gone good. And to fill everyone on more info. than needed we can have "adult relations" again as long as we are careful. And the ultrasound is in two weeks and we can see if we can see if it is a boy or girl.

The Bad:

For the rest of the entire pregnacy I have to do the following. I have to really, I mean REALLY take it easy. I am not aloud to swim. There is an extreamly high chance of infection. I am not aloud to exercise at all. If I feel I am dying to exercise I can go for a short walk but that is the extent and is pushing it. I am not aloud to lift anything. If there is too much cramping or any spotting I am to lye down immediatly. And keep an eye on it, and keep him updated if it happens. Same goes for "adult relations", If there are any problems with it, it may have to be put on hold for a while. (which with this pregnacy so far is more my problem than Lonnon's to his excitement.)

I guess it can't all be "bad" news. The positive look on it is:
PROBLEM SOLUTION
can't lift things - Someone else has to do it.
take it easy - the house looks bad and it's ok. I have Dr's orders to rest
no swimming - I don't look bad in swim suit
no exercising - I can get big and be lazy Dr's orders

See, there is good from this! LOL! I just have to make sure I look at all the positives and try to stay excited and be careful not to get depressed with what I can'd do. I also need to break down my pride and ask some of my Young Women girls from Church to come and help me clean and watch my girls. Which will be good for me. I don't like asking for help. I like to do it all myself. I take too much on. Not always the smartest thing but it is me.

A am excited about the baby. I felt it move with my hand on the outside for the first time two days ago. That was exciting and when the Dr. did the heartbeat today, it wouldn't stop moving. He had to pin it in a corner and then the baby kicked the moniter and swam away. Lonnon was laughing and so was the Dr. The Dr. laughs every time he does the heart beat because he knows Lonnon would love a boy but is ok with a girl. The heart beat was 159 today. The general beat of a girl. But not always. We can keep hopes up. But we will see. We will find out in two weeks for sure if the baby will let us.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate with you on basically being on modified bedrest and the help that will ensue. Have you thought of any more girl names? You know, if you have one you love, you're destined to get a boy. ;)