Sunday, August 20, 2006

cake

I was upstairs talking to Lonnon in the computer room today. We knew it was safe to not have full attention on the girls for 2 and a half seconds because they were all in their rooms playing.
Next thing we knew, Auroiya came in and said, "Mom, I spilled the cake and I can't pick it up. See it is all over my hands."
I took a deep breath and told her to go wash her hands then have daddy take care of the cake. (yea, I know. Like daddy is really going to clean it up but it was worth a try.)
A minute or so later she came back and said, "Mom, when are you going to pick up the cake?" So, I took a deep breath and went downstairs. I saw the cakeand told her not to touch it because I needed to take a picture so one day we can look at it and feel good. Here is what I saw of our brand new cake.






Auroiya pointing "see mom"







Here are the girls so happy they finally get to taste some of the cake.














Daddy (very sweet and calm), "Why did you have the cake?"
Auroiya, "Because I was trying to bring it up to you.... and it slipped.... and I slipped."
Daddy, "Ooookkkaayy?"

Then daddy to me, "At least she is trying to share." And we both laugh under our breath.





If I take pictures of things instead of yelling maybe one day I can look at it and laugh. Maybe I can prove to my kids the things I tell them really did happen and I am not just making them up.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Poor kid. Alli went through a stage where she liked to bring Josh and I breakfast in bed. It was sweet, but inevitably the milk from the cereal would be spilled all over the cookie sheet she brought the bowl on, and often dripped onto the carpet on the stairs. How can you get mad at a child trying to be so nice?

Gina said...

that is pretty funny... glad you got photos!