Thursday, August 31, 2006

BraeLynne's First Day of School

BraeLynne started Kindergarten on Wednesday. She was so "excited, nervous and scared." I can't believe my baby is going to school. I did good. I teared up a bit in the car on the way home but it wasn't until after Lonnon left for work and Auroiya and Keilani were watching a movie in their room that I started to cry. My house was so quiet. I felt like I was home alone. I forgot how much Brae comes around just to say, "I love you mom." or "I just came to keep you company." Yes, I know, enjoy it for the moment because in no time flat it will not be so quiet but I still miss my little girl. I think they do 1/2 days for the breaking in of the mothers not the kids.

She loved her first day of school. She doesn't know anyone except a little girl Eliana, who is our next door neighbor but she is in the other class so they play at recess. But at least she knows someone at some time in the day right! She was so excited to wear her dress that Grandma Jensen made her for the first day of school. She actually asked if Grandma could make her an outfit instead of buying one for the first day. We all know that grandma's love these requests! She couldn't sleep very well the night before. She was asking so many questions. We said about 10 prayers. But she didn't want Daddy to give her a blessing because she doesn't want to .... I don't know how to explain it.... It is like when you have a blessing you are really really sick and you have prayed all you can and you need even more help "special help" and she doesn't think this counts as that no matter how hard we try to explain to her she wants to "save her special blessings". We will get one in there though. I just may take a bit until we get her to understand that it is ok.

Auroiya cried and wouldn't let me take her picture. She wants Brae to stay with her or wants to go with Brae to school. Just as long as they are together she is happy. Here are the drop off pictures and the pick up pictures with Auroiya.

Before



















After















Keilani missed her too and wants to get her hug in.















If you can't tell by this picture, she LOVED her first day of school.

2 comments:

Katie said...

She looks so happy! That is so sweet about Auroiya and Keilani missing their big sister. Jake cries when we take Alli to her class and we have to leave her there.

Gina said...

That a cute Kindergartener you've got!