Monday, September 11, 2006

The Things Children Do

I don't know what to say. Isn't she cute when she sleeps? But wait, something is not quite right? Is that shorter hair I see?! Yup! Sure is.















This morning Keilani ran into the living room and I noticed she had shorter hair in the front. She had not only cut herself some short crooked bangs but she took out a whole section to the scalp, WHAT DO I DO??!!! I can't shave her head like her dad suggested. But he hasn't seen it yet. I can't cut it short or it will just look worse. I don't know what to do. I can kind of do a comb over but it is some wishful thinking and When I put a hair thing in it has to be combed to the side and the hair thing has to dangle at the very front of her head to even try to hide it. Good thing about hair is it grows back. Slowly is the problem.

Here is The whole chunk.














Here is her left side. As fat and long as my thumb. And I have big fingers.














Here is her right side.














Here is the width of how big the chunk is, as well as the angle of the bangs.














Here is all the hair left in the middle of the bald spot.














And last, the attempt at a comb over.














I wanted to cry. She came in the room and
I said calmly, "Lani, did you cut your hair?"
Keilani, "NO!"
Me, "Then come here and let me see it."
Keilani, "K mommy."
She ran right over and let me run my fingers through it.
I couldn't talk or breath. Finally I got out, "Honey, where are the sissors?"
Keilani, "I no no mom. You no?"
Me, "No Honey, I don't know. Can you find them for me?"
Keilani, "Nope! Day all gone!" and ran away.
I still haven't found the sissors. Or the hair.
I just keep looking at her and tearing up. (The pregnacy hormones don't help) She is actually embarassed about it. She wants me to "Fitts it" But I can't. So we just try to make it work so no one can see it. If anyone asks to see it she covers her hair and face and screams "NO" and runs away. She has only felt it with her hands and won't look in the mirror to see what it looks like because "My hayu es broken!" This is going to be hard for her. The first thing she does in the morning is asks me to "peas brusha my hayu" I don't know what will happen now. I just hope it grows back fast.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a stinker! Maybe she didn't cut her hair---maybe she had help from one of her sisters? Have you tried a fat cloth stretchy headband? Maybe that would hide the bald spot.

Katie said...

This is the kind of thing I'm thinking of...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6858408470&category=57922