Monday, September 18, 2006

Traveling while Pregnant!

Well, I decided I wanted to go see my family this last weekend. I have the excursion now so I wanted to go see them now since I won't be able to make it to Kaden's baptism. I feel so bad. The problem was, Lonnon's unkle died so we ended up going in the opposite direction to Arizona. It was about the same distance it would have been to go to see my family. :( Oh well. I guess I will see them after I have the baby.

Right before we left I finally got a call from my Dr's office. I was highly advised NOT to do any traveling of any kind. But since I was going anyway, always know where the closest hospital is at, drink lots of water and liquids of almost kind, eat lots of snacks, and stretch every hour. On the way down I didn't want to hold everyone up by me needing potty breaks so I didn't drink much water. I would not advise this to anyone expecting. By the time I got there I was cramping pretty bad and having contractions. Not consistant ones but ones to claim them as contractions not braxton hicks. So Lonnon shoved so much water down me I was ready to throw up. What a good husband.

On the way back he bought me two gallons of water and told me I had 8 hours to drink it all. Then laughed. He made sure after I went to the bathroom I drank more water. I drank one and a half gallons in 8 hours. I peed every 1/2 hour. pit stops, rest stops, side of the road stops, then had to go again the moment I got back in the car. But, I did not have any contactions or cramping. Good for my husband!!! His mom kept up on me during the trip too. She always made sure I had water and something to eat! She was awsome. She always told me to sit and relax, put my feet up. This is the one time I can and I should enjoy it while I can and let people cator to me while I can. (She's right I will do it for the rest of my life on my family.) It was a good last trip for the next few months. I can't complain. And LDS funerals, we all know that we are sad for moment then have the family reunion. lol. Really it was good and nice to meet more of Lonnon's cousin's and family.

But Boy am I glad to be back home!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

You're so naughty! NO MORE TRAVELLING! You don't want to give birth to a micro-preemie two states away from home. Scary stuff, Neesh.